Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Ready to share!

Greetings!
Well, the first Mixed Media Weekend at Cozy Crop House was lovely! Lots of creative, fun time! Now I can share the three projects I taught. Today I am giving you this little sneaky peaky at all three piled up together. We created an ATC, a girl on canvas, and an altered book. I'll share the ATC project today and the other two over the next few days! 
We started with this quick warm up ATC project just to get those creative juices flowing and build the excitement:
We took playing cards coated on one side with gesso, added Tim Holtz Distress Paint to them, spritzed with a little water and moved the paint around using bubble wrap as our painting tool. Next came stamping with background stamps then stenciling with punchenella using Archival and Staz-On Inks. We stamped a fern on then trimmed a butterfly out of a paper napkin and decoupaged it on. After drying came shadowing with the Faber Castell Big Brush Pen in Cold Grey and highlighting with the Scarlet Lime Permaball Pen. Documentation of the event was adhered to the back of the card and all edges were inked in coordinating Staz-On ink. It was a fun warm up and great little token to remember the weekend by!
Here are some of my altered playing cards that were the inspiration for this project. 
On the backs I share an inspirational Bible verse and my blog address.
Eclectic Paperie is having an altered playing card challenge this month so I am entering these there!

Thanks for stopping by today. I'll post the other two projects from the weekend over the next few days so I hope you'll stop back.

1 comment:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

What a fabulous idea to use the cards! Love both sides! Gorgeous and vibrant art!